Man About The House, George and Mildred, Robin's Nest
Welcome to the Man About the House, George and Mildred and Robin's Nest Fan Club!

To join the fun, and natter about this trio of classy sitcoms, please register or log-in.

Guests are welcome to post, but it would be nice to make yourself a proper member!
Welcome to the Man About the House, George and Mildred and Robin's Nest Fan Club!

To join the fun, and natter about this trio of classy sitcoms, please register or log-in.

Guests are welcome to post, but it would be nice to make yourself a proper member!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fan Club Celebrating three of the finest sitcoms ever written!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to the Man About the House, George and Mildred and Robin's Nest Fanclub!.....................................A newly opened discussion portal for a trio of Britian's best-loved situation comedies...

Not as good?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
George Roper
Admin
George Roper

Not as good? Empty
PostSubject: Not as good?   Not as good? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Anyone else feel this film wasn't as good as it could have been?
Perhaps if cooke and mortimer had written it rather than dick sharples?
Back to top Go down
https://manaboutthehouse.forumotion.com
nicholas

Not as good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not as good?   Not as good? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:59 am

I've only seen the film twice. First at the pictures and then on the television that same year. Can't remember much about it but recall it being an AA certificate and my sister and I being only 10 and 12 at the time Surprised
Back to top Go down
cynet

Not as good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not as good?   Not as good? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:45 pm

My uncle starred in this film, he was the guy who got shot in the lift and then put into that basket, he was in many 70's comedies especially on the buses.
The film was rubbish, not a patch on the series, big shame as it could have been so much better.
Back to top Go down
George Roper
Admin
George Roper

Not as good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not as good?   Not as good? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 am

Really? what was his name, the on the buses connection is interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://manaboutthehouse.forumotion.com
cynet

Not as good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not as good?   Not as good? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:31 am

George Roper wrote:
Really? what was his name, the on the buses connection is interesting Very Happy

My uncle was a extra in on the buses and mutiny on the buses, he can be seen in the canteen in a few scenes and the one where the boss is arguing with Reg and Bob in the scene round the buses in the depot, he is also in the step toe and son film, he was the guy at the airport as they came home after there awful holiday. He doubled up for stunt duties for Sean Connery and he told me so many stories about the actors i was transfixed for hours. His name was Bill Burns and he passed away over 10 years ago now, but he told me Reg Varney was not very nice to work with, said he was a perfectionist who was very demanding and very rude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not as good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not as good?   Not as good? Empty

Back to top Go down

Not as good?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Man About The House, George and Mildred, Robin's Nest :: George and Mildred :: Film-
Jump to: